Our school uniform is now available to buy from Longsight market.
Joseph’s R.C. Primary School UNIFORM POLICY
It is our policy that all children should wear school uniform when attending school, or participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Aims and objectives
Our policy is based on the notion that a school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- Engenders a feeling of community and belonging;
- Is practical and smart;
- Identifies the children with the school;
- Is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be, e.g. hoodies, leggings, brightly
coloured socks/tights, boots);
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- Is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents;
- Has been designed with health and safety in mind
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are ear-ring studs in pierced ears. We ask the children to remove these objects during PE and games.
The school wants all children to grow into healthy adults. We believe that it is dangerous for children to wear shoes with platform soles or high heels in school, we do not allow this. Children should wear Black shoes only. No trainers, pumps or boots will be permitted.
Our school uniform consists of:
- Navy school sweatshirt
- Grey skirt/trousers(no jeans or jogging bottoms)
- Pale blue polo shirt
- Black shoes
- White socks
All clothing should be labelled – this helps in sorting out clothing and identifying lost property.
- Plain navy shorts
- White T-shirt
The role of parents
We ask all parents who send their children to our school for their support of the school uniform policy. We believe that parents have a duty to send their children to school correctly dressed and ready for their daily schoolwork. Parents should ensure that their child has the correct uniform, and it is clean and in good repair.
Revised and adopted by the Governing Body: 26/11/12 Review: November 2013